1/48 Tamiya GRUMMAN F-14A TOMCAT Late Model w/Carrier Launch Set 61122TAM 61122
Please Note: This is only a pre-announcement, it is unknown as to actual release date. Pre-order is not available at this time. This is going to be the F-14A with new parts to depict carrier launch stance.
GRUMMAN F-14A TOMCAT
This model kit recreates the Grumman F-14A Tomcat. The F-14A Tomcat U.S. Navy Fighter is famous for being the first mass-production and the most-produced model among the F-14 series. This kit realistically depicts the F-14A Tomcat (Late Model) - in service from the late 1980s to the early 2000s- with wings featuring separate flaps and slats. The kit includes one crew figure and paper flight deck sheet for use on a super realistic diorama set.
- 1/48 scale plastic model assembly kit of the Grumman F-14A Tomcat (Late model). Fuselage length: 398mm, Wingspan: 408mm.
- Features fixed depiction of variable sweep wing supported by a single-piece part.
- The kit depicts wings with deployed flaps and slats which can be attached to wing by support parts (NOTE: This model CANNOT depict wing at neutral position).
- The catapult shuttle and one-piece holdback bar with its nose landing gear realistically depict the F-14A taking off from the carrier deck.
- New nose landing gear part with retracted "kneeling'' shock absorber recreates the F-14A's takeoff stance.
- Features detailed sections such as telephoto camera pod, AAX-1 TCS, ALR-45 radar warning antenna under wing, and four Mk. 82 low-drag general-purpose bombs (LDGP, 500 pound) for realistic look.
- A realistically recreated cockpit depicts late model ejector seat cushions, instrument panel and side console panels.
- Includes the catapult officer (called “Shooter” who gives the OK for the operator to release the shuttle) figure and paper flight deck sheet.
- Comes with four marking options: two for F-14As from the VF-32 “Swordsmen” and one VF-211 “Fighting Checkmates”, plus one VF-154 “Black Knights”.
We Also Recommend
1/48 Italeri S3A/B Viking USN Anti-Submarine Aircraft (Limited Run)
1/48 Meng F/A-18E Super Hornet