1/48 GWH 1/48 US AIR FORCE F-15C MSIP IIGWH L4817
The McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) F-15 Eagle is an American twin-engine, all-weather tactical fighter designed by McDonnell Douglas to gain and maintain air superiority in aerial combat. It is among the most successful modern fighters, with over 100 aerial combat victories. Following reviews of proposals, the United States Air Force selected McDonnell Douglas' design in 1967 to meet the service's need for a dedicated air superiority fighter. The Eagle first flew in July 1972, and entered service in 1976. The Multi-Stage Improvement Program (MSIP) is a joint program carried out by Boeing and the USAF's Warner Robins Logistics Center in Georgia. Under MSIP, upgrades were progressively incorporated onto the production line and then retrofitted to earlier production aircraft.
MSIP II is that portion of the program which handles the F-15C/D. The major part of MSIP II is to fit the APG-70 radar and the AIM-120 AMRAAM. The first aircraft to incorporate the MSIP II update was an F-15C tail number 84-001
- 29 sprues molded in light grey plastic, 2 clear sprues, total of 192 pieces.
- 1 sheet of photoetch for the gunsight frame and engine detail,
- 1 small acetate film
- 2 sheets of decals, marking options:
- F-15C MSIP II, 131st Fighter Wing, Missouri Air National Guard, Lambert International Airport
- F-15C MSIP II, 104th Fighter Wing, Massachusetts Air National Guard, Westfield Airbase
We Also Recommend
1/48 Meng F-4E Phantom II Late Fighter LS-017
1/48 Tamiya FW190 D-9 Focke-Wulf #61041
1/48 GWH MiG-29 9-13 Fulcrum C "Ghost of Kyiv" Limited Edition S4819
1/48 Italeri 1/48 MH - 60K BLACKHAWK SOA 552666