85812 1/48 F/A-18E Super Hornet
ALL NEW TOOLING!
The F/A-18E/F Super Hornet is a larger and more advanced variant of the F/A-18C/D Hornet. An early version was marketed as Hornet 2000 in the 1980s. The Hornet 2000 concept was an advanced version of the F/A-18 with a larger wing, longer fuselage to carry more fuel and more powerful engines.
The F/A-18E/F fuselage was stretched by 860 mm to make room for fuel and future avionics upgrades and increased the wing area by 25%. However, the Super Hornet has 42% fewer structural parts than the original Hornet design. The F414 engine, developed from the Hornet's F404, has 35% more power. The Super Hornet can return to an aircraft carrier with a larger load of unspent fuel and munitions than the original Hornet. The term for this ability is known as "bringback". Bringback for the Super Hornet is in excess of 9,000 pounds (4,100 kg).
The Super Hornet first flew in 1995. Full-rate production began in September 1997. The Super Hornet entered service with the United States Navy in 1999, replacing the F-14 Tomcat since 2006.
Item No 85812
Item Name F/A-18E Super Hornet
Bar Code 6939319258120
Item Type Plastic Model Aircraft Kit
Model Dimension Length: 380.4mm Wingspan: 272.5mm
Photo Etched Parts 1 piece
- Fuselage & wing with finely engraved panel lines
- Canopy made from clear parts
- Boarding ladder included
- Complete intake trunk
- Detailed after burner nozzle
- Nose section can be displayed in open position to show
- Detailed F414-GE-400 engine
- Exhaust nozzles with interior details
- Variety of weapon ordinance
- Accurate landing gears
- Finely detailed cockpit, gear cabin
- Crew seats with photo-etched seat belts and harnesses