1/48 ICM USMC OV10D+ Bronco Attack Aircraft 48301ICM-48301
- OV-10D+ 155473, Marine Observation Squadron 2 (VMO-2), Saudi Arabia, 1991
- OV-10D+ 155489, Marine Observation Squadron 1 (VMO-1), aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt, 1990
- OV-10D+ 155494, Marine Observation Squadron 2 (VMO-2), Saudi Arabia, 1991
- OV-10D+ 155494, Marine Observation Squadron 2 (VMO-2), early 1990s (presumably)
- OV-10D+ 155499, Marine Observation Squadron 1 (VMO-1), early 1990s
The aircraft was a deeply modernized version of the OV-10A aircraft. The main difference was the installation of a forward-looking night vision system with a rotating camera under an extended nose. In the tail booms were mounted devices for shooting false targets. The changes also concerned the engine, the composition of the onboard electronic systems, communication systems, the airframe of the aircraft and the cockpit equipment. The extended capabilities of the aircraft made it possible to solve a wide range of tasks, including observation and target designation. At the same time, he retained the functions of an attack aircraft, and still had the ability to strike ground targets with missiles and aerial bombs.
OV-IOD + aircraft have shown their effectiveness in combined-arms exercises. And during Operation DESERT STORM in 1991, the US Marine Corps used these aircraft to guide aviation.
We Also Recommend
1/48 Revell Germany Eurofighter Typhoon Black Jack Single Seater Aircraft (new tool 2022) 3820
1/48 ICM Bristol Beaufort Mk.IA with tropical filter (100% new tool) 48311
1/48 Eduard WWI Fokker D VII (OAW) German Fighter (Profi-Pack Plastic Kit) 8136
1/48 Eduard WWII Bf110E German Heavy Fighter (Profi-Pack Plastic Kit) 8203