1/32 Trumpeter F35C Lightning Fighter NEW TOOL! 3230TSM-3230
Special Order with Special Discounted price, $176.99 ($73.00 off!!).
Ships within 7 days.
The F-35C Lightning II is the third variant of the Joint Strike Fighter, not only in terms of it's C designation, but also it is the third to become operational in service. The F-35C differs from the other two variants by having larger wings for slower landing speeds and increased payloads, folding outer wings for storage aboard ship, a catapult-capable twin-wheel nose gear, and a stronger tail hook for arrested landings. While the F-35A and F-35B raced each other to initial operational capability and mission ready, the F-35C had several technical issues to overcome. The F-35B would be the first one to initial operational capability followed by the F-35A, but the Navy opted to take a little more time to shake out the bugs. In August of 2021, the first squadron of F-35Cs from VFA-147 departed on their maiden deployment aboard the carrier USS Carl Vinson.
Trumpeter is the first to release a kit of the F-35C in 1/32 scale. Molded in light gray styrene, this kit is presented on 17 parts trees, plus one tree of clear parts, one set of rubber tires, and one fret of photo-etched parts.
Among the features in this kit:
- 13-piece ejection seat (not counting photo-etched pilot restraints)
- Nicely detailed cockpit
- Positionable canopy
- Radar reflectors are molded separately though not marked as optional in the instructions
- Detailed weapons bays
- Positionable weapons bay doors
- Nicely detailed landing gear struts
- Rubber tires on plastic wheel hubs
- Positionable nosegear catapult bar
- Detailed landing gear wells
- Detailed F135 engine though no provisions for seeing the completed engine after assembly
- Intake ducts to the compressor face
- Exhaust/afterburner section to the turbine face
- Wings can be posed folded or ready for flight
- Optional underwing pylons included though not identified as optional (beast mode)
- 2 x GBU-31 JDAM for the internal weapons bay
- 4 x GBU-32 JDAM for the underwing stations (beast mode)
- 4 x GBU-12 LGB for the underwing stations (beast mode)
- 2 x AIM-120 AMRAAM for the internal weapons bay
- 2 x AIM-9X for the outboard wing pylons (beast mode)
Three marking options:
- F-35C, 169424, VFA-101, NJ/125
- F-35C, 168845, VFA-101, NJ/107
- F-35C, 169304, VFA-147, NE/406
We Also Recommend
1/32 STORM FACTORY KITS F-5E/N Tiger II VFC111 Sundowners US Navy Fighter 32001
1/32 Revell Hawker Hurricane Mk. IIb 4968 (NEW TOOL!)