1/72 Tamiya KAWASAKI KI-61-ID HIEN (TONY) Silver Plated/Camo Decal #25420TAM 25420
KAWASAKI KI-61-ID HIEN (TONY)
This TAMIYA scale plastic model kit accurately depicts the Kawasaki Ki-61-Id Hien. The Hien was officially adopted by the Imperial Japanese Army in 1943, and stood out among its Japanese aircraft contemporaries in the Pacific War on account of its liquid-cooled Ha-40 engine, slimline fuselage and long, elegant wing. A number of different variants were produced, among them the Ki-61-Id which featured a 20cm-elongated nose to house 20mm cannons, plus 12.7mm machine guns in the wing. In fact, with 1,360 units it was the most prolifically produced Hien variant; its superior performance at higher altitudes meant that it was often given the brief of taking on incoming U.S. B29 bombers in the skies around the home islands of Japan.
This special limited-edition includes molded parts in matte silver color plating to represent the bare duralumin seen on aircraft such as the 244th Air Group (Option B in the kit), and camouflage decals included that were previously sold separately.
- 1/72 scale plastic model assembly kit. Approx. length: 125mm, approx. wingspan: 167mm.
- The model accurately depicts the Ki-61-Id Hien with elongated nose and slimline fuselage.
- Differences from Item 60789: A and B parts are given a matte silver color plated finish; camouflage decals from Item 12683 are included; dedicated instructions for handling of plated parts are included.
- The cockpit parts breakdown is changed from its 1/48 scale counterpart, and can be pre-assembled then slotted into the already-built fuselage sides.
- The fuselage underside radiator/oil cooler is artfully recreated with a single piece.
- One-piece canopy offers excellent fit with fuselage.
- Clear parts are included to recreate light and gun sight components.
- Optional Venturi tube and fuel cooler parts are included.
We Also Recommend
1/72 Arma Hobby P-39Q Airacobra Expert Set 70055
1/72 Arma Hobby F-6C Mustang Expert Set 70040
1/72 Trumpeter CH47D Chinook Helicopter Attack Helicopter #1622